What to Bring on a Tour?
Whether this is your first time going on a tour or your tenth trip with us, it's always good practice to have a packing list to help prevent leaving anything behind at home! It is also advised that you keep a list of all contents in your luggage; that way, if your luggage happens to get lost in transport, the list will help you to file any insurance claims much easier and faster.
Considering your destination will help you to ensure that you pack all of the right items. For example, you would most likely need to pack very differently for a trip to Egypt compared to a trip to the coast of Italy. Ideally, it is best to pack one suitcase and one additional carry-on bag. Ensure that your carry-on is small enough to fit under a plane or bus seat. Remember, if you can’t carry it yourself, you have packed too much!
Below is a general list of things you should consider packing before leaving for a tour:
- Phone Charger
- Phone Battery Pack
- Money (Cash and/or credit card. Make sure to inform your card company you will be traveling)
- Water bottle
- Hand Sanitizer
- Passport (with photocopies)
- Airline tickets (with photocopies)
- Proof of Negative COVID test or COVID Vaccination Card (if applicable to destination)
- Visas (if applicable)
- A copy of the tour itinerary
- List of important phone numbers
- Copy of any prescriptions (All medication should be carried in its original container in case customs officials need to verify that the container’s contents match its label.)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Hair Needs
- Shaving Needs
- Feminine Hygiene Needs
- Travel First Aid Kit (should contain the following: Band-Aids, lip balm, aspirin, antihistamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, and any other prescription medications you may be taking)
- Travel Insurance (with photocopies)
- Plug Adaptors (When traveling, ensure that you have the correct adaptor for that specific country. Different countries require different adaptors.)
- Power Converter (Ensure that you have the proper power convertor for the country that you are traveling to.)
If you are wanting to book a trip, contact our team at Travel With Friends for more information regarding our tours today!